prop clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prop clearance

I put my new prop on Sat. and notice that this prop is about 1 1/2" Ø bigger than my old prop (I got a 653 prop). My clearance of blade to trailer was about 1 1/2", now w/ the new prop it may be around an 1" clearance from blade to trailer. I tooks some pictures but couldn't get them down loaded last night. Does anyone know what the clearance should be?

The area the arrow is pointing to is part of the trailer that goes under the prop I guess for protection, does anyone know how much clearance there boat has?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

Because I had to lower my trailer bunks to get in the garage my prop is about 3/4" from prop guard. The prop will never go lower than this because bunks dictate how low the prop can go. Now if I hit something and prop cage bends up I might bend the prop. The prop cage got into a fight with the road due to a series of deep potholes on a rural road in Wisconsin. Cage saved the prop and boat. We heated the cage up to where it was redhot and could not bend it so it was flat again. I may take it to trailer manufacturer if I still have boat later this year and have them
    cut off the current cage and weld a new one on.

Comment

thanks. That is great, at least I can take the boat out now.
      Dale
      2000 21i Tige

Comment

Got my pictures downloaded. That is a quarter in the photo between the prop and the trailer frame. This is about 3/4", am I still ok?

Thanks
        Attached Files
        Dale
        2000 21i Tige

Comment

I don't see a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TRD View Post
            Got my pictures downloaded. That is a quarter in the photo between the prop and the trailer frame. This is about 3/4", am I still ok?

Thanks
            As long as it doesnt hit the hill, on
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X