Taps 3 Plate Angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps 3 Plate Angles

I was able to acquire a very cheap set of Taps 3 plates and actuators locally and I am working on getting them installed on my 2014 R20.

Can anyone help me out and tell me what the stowed and deployed angles should be for the plates? I would assume the angles would be measured in relation to the bottom of the boat?

With the help of some members over on wake garage I was able to build a system to control the plates, so no help is needed there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by awd95mn; 05-28-2020, 07:02 PM.

On a stock boat, in the up position the tabs are at a very slight angle up. You'll likely never use them all the way down (deployed). With that said, I would install them so they are at a much higher angle when in the up position. This will help the off side tab get out of the water better and help keep the wave clean.

Comment

I added taps 3 to my r20 years back but I can’t remember the angles for the life of me. Couldn’t find any old messages either. I’d give your dealer a ring and see if they have a taps 3 boat they could check for you.
      On the r20 they are mounted on the platform but it depends on how the bracket for your tabs is as some of them are a bit different.

Comment

Working...
      X