‘18 RZX2 floor panel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘18 RZX2 floor panel removal

Is the floor panel on an ‘18 RZX2 easily removable to allow access to the transmission area for general maintenance (checking fluids, water strainer, etc)? There are two screws on the front end of the panel. If I remove these should I then be able to easily remove the entire panel or are there more attachment points somewhere else?

Thanks

Remove the screws and lift it out. If you have the reversible wake bench remove that too.

Comment

I tried to remove the floor panel today. I removed the two screws and then tried to lift the panel from the rear (stern) end. It still seems to be attached somewhere in the middle, but I am unable to locate any additional screws/attachment points.

Comment

Can you not go though access panel in the cooler in the floor?

Comment

On my RZX3 I need to lift the engine compartment hood to get to two screws. Once those two are out I remove two more screws on the opposite end by the captains seat in the floor. So a total of 4 screws. Pull out the garbage can. Have someone hold the flip over seat straight up. That allows me enough room to move the floor section back enough to get access to everything. I really wish Tige would have installed a smaller access point to make simple checks easier. Last season I thought I was going to sink our boat when we took on a leak at our strainer. I was able to remove the garbage can and just barely had enough room to reach in there and stop the leak. A floor section that is easier to remove would have been very helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a try.

The access panel in the floor cooler is virtually useless. Just about the only thing I can do through that panel is remove the v drive drain plug. Checking or adding v drive and transmission fluid through that small access panel is impossible (at least I haven’t been able to). Accessing the strainer is also just about impossible.

Comment

Working...
            X