Additing fluid to taps resovoir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additing fluid to taps resovoir?

Finally found the taps resovoir for my 2002 22I. It was low so I took out the fill plug to fill, (I assume its the fill plug, small plug with two small indents in top for a special key). However, the fill hole is very small, less than a 1/4". How are you supposed to add fluid through this?? Even using a funnel, it's going to be a mess. Any suggestions as the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance?

Brad
    Last edited by usraptr; 07-09-2009, 08:13 PM.

Make sire the TAPS is up as these leaves the most fluid in the reservoir and least in the ram. If you top it off with the ram extended, TAPS down, it will possible overflow when the TAPS is back up. Also cycle it a few times and recheck as it may purge some air.

As far as filling, that sounds like the vent cap maybe? Zad, where U at?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks. Pretty sure it's not the vent cap. That's right next too it and has a black plastic cover on it, if I'm talking about the correct part.

Comment

Originally posted by usraptr View Post
        ... How are you supposed to add fluid through this?? ...
        Here's a diagram: http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/pdf/s..._breakdown.pdf

Comment

Thank you. Got it done. Still a messy job but it wiped up okay. Don't suppose you have a diagram of how the back of the taps gauage is supposed to be wired??

Comment

TAPS inquiry

Is same unit in the 2007 22 VE?

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
              Is same unit in the 2007 22 VE?
              Your boat is electric.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

usraptr
                I have an 01 21 V. I could take a pic of my taps gauge if you would like.
                I have used an old plastic syringe and a small plastic hose.
                15 Escalade ESV-Black
                08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I worked on this tonight after reading these old threads. I ended up used a diner style ketchup squeeze bottle with the cap on the tip. This was much smaller than a funnel and easier to control.

Comment

Originally posted by OldeBoy View Post
                    I worked on this tonight after reading these old threads. I ended up used a diner style ketchup squeeze bottle with the cap on the tip. This was much smaller than a funnel and easier to control.
                    Thats a great idea!!

Comment

thats perfect i use gear oil bottle (same thing) in those cases.,
                      off topic my surf board fell against my taps button on a 3 hour ride home and i think damaged my ram .had tige look at it and they crawfished when they seen i had modified my taps plate and assumed thats the cause. any body ever repaired or rebuilt one .

Comment

Originally posted by shawn74 View Post
                        thats perfect i use gear oil bottle (same thing) in those cases.,
                        off topic my surf board fell against my taps button on a 3 hour ride home and i think damaged my ram .had tige look at it and they crawfished when they seen i had modified my taps plate and assumed thats the cause. any body ever repaired or rebuilt one .
                        I would think that would damage the pump, not the ram?

Comment

Working...
                        X