Serpentine Belt Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serpentine Belt Removal

Do I need anything special to take my serpentine belt off? (350 MPI Mercrusier, 98 2200V). I am taking my alternator off

Thanks

Bakes

You'll need a tensioner adapter for your socket wrench set. You'll want to loosen that before removing the alternator. Pay close attention to the way the serpentine belt is run...it can be a little confusing.

When you put it on, take the tensioner tool with you in case you need to tighten it when you're on the water.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

my merc had a sticker showing how the belt run.
      the main thing like dogbert said is making sure you get the tension back. if you dont it wont spin the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
        my merc had a sticker showing how the belt run.
        the main thing like dogbert said is making sure you get the tension back. if you dont it wont spin the belt.
        He's got a V-Drive, so unless you're a midget, you're not gonna see the sticker (because it's in the back).
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks y'all....now I remember why I wanted a direct drive. I should have stuck to my 22I guns and engine access would have been cake.

Comment

Working...
          X