Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keel Guard install prob. because of trailer hull support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keel Guard install prob. because of trailer hull support.

Hi all! I wanted to install a keel guard on my '07 20V that sits on an Extreme trailer but im running into a problem. The trailer has a hull support right in the way of the area where the guard needs to go. Any ideas on getting around this? Is there a safe way to possibly lift the front of the boat? Thanks
    Attached Files

I would be very careful though. You tilt the boat too far and the whole trailer will fall back.

What you can do is lower the tongue down as low as you can, on the ground if you can, maybe add some weight, or tie it down, then somehow jack up the bow enough to get it off that bunk.
    Last edited by zad0030; 05-26-2009, 07:42 PM.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

You can lift the bow from the bow eye. But Zad has this correct. Be careful

Comment

whats a bow eye?????
        "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1911 View Post
          whats a bow eye?????

Comment

I wasnt sure if that would support the weight of the front of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by penalber4 View Post
              I wasnt sure if that would support the weight of the front of the boat.
              Well not the entire boat... But it should be ok lifting up a couple inches.
              Common Sense is not so Common
              Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

That is one of the three lifting points on the boat.

Bow eye explanation
                Last edited by da.bell; 05-26-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

you should have no problem lifting the front of the boat a little bit with the bow eye, as stated above, be mindful of the trailer position
                  "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

could'nt you just back the trailer down the boat ramp, then back the boat halfway off the trailer, insall the guard, winch it back up.

Comment

Originally posted by rollem wake View Post
                      could'nt you just back the trailer down the boat ramp, then back the boat halfway off the trailer, insall the guard, winch it back up.

or, hook the trailer to your truck so the whole thing doesn't go anywhere while lifting it up by the bow eye.

Comment

A tow vehicle just might be heavy enough to anchor the tongue!

Rent an engine hoist, it will lift the bow high enough to do what you need.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          A tow vehicle just might be heavy enough to anchor the tongue!

Rent an engine hoist, it will lift the bow high enough to do what you need.
                          Yes, Im going to borrow my neighbors hoist, keep the trailor hooked to my heavy F250 and lift front of boat from the boweye. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

Working...
                          X