Fuel Pump problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump problem

We have a 2006 Tige 22i. We have a problem with our fuel pump. We appear not to be getting any power to the fuel pump. Is there any type of in line fuse or something and if so where is it located?
    Kyle Perry

Are you getting 12v out of the ignition switch back to the engine, such as turning over with the starter?
    On our Merc there are 2 relays mounted on the engine that are triggered by the ignition switch - one for the computer/ignition and the second for the fuel pump.

Comment

Yes the engine is turning over, the engine is a PCM; however, I have not noticed any relays but I may be over looking them. Thanks for your response!
      Kyle Perry

Comment

With the ignition switch OFF, when you turn the switch to ON (not all the way to START) can you hear the fuel pump run at all for 3 or 4 seconds?
        It should build up the fuel pressure to 20-30 lbs when the switch is ON.

Comment

Does your boat have the EIDB dual battery set up? When you turn the key to "ON" does the warning buzzer sound as it normally should? Check the charge on the "ACC" battery (2nd battery).
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

"With the ignition switch OFF, when you turn the switch to ON (not all the way to START) can you hear the fuel pump run at all for 3 or 4 seconds?
            It should build up the fuel pressure to 20-30 lbs when the switch is ON."

The fuel pump appears to have no power; however, all other systems are fine. I'm looking maybe for a blown fuse for the fuel pump. I have yet to locate it.
            Kyle Perry

Comment

"Does your boat have the EIDB dual battery set up? When you turn the key to "ON" does the warning buzzer sound as it normally should? Check the charge on the "ACC" battery (2nd battery)."

We do have a duel battery set up; however, we are getting power to all other systems except for the fuel pump. We believe it to be a blown fuse, but we are unable to locate it.
              Kyle Perry

Comment

Originally posted by kylep1 View Post
                ... We believe it to be a blown fuse, but we are unable to locate it.
                Your PCM may be similar to our Merc where the fuel pump fuse is a 15A mini fuse.
                It is in the lower right corner of the pic. Between the 2 square relays and the coil there is a capped fitting.
                Under the cap are 3 mini fuses - one is for the fuel pump and the other two are for the computer & sensors.
                I bet the fuel pump fuse is mounted on the engine somewhere.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kylep1. You should double check that you do have power to the pump. And not assume that the pump has no power because it isn't running. We had a similar problem on a 2008 RZ2.

You should disconnect the pump and have someone turn the key while you have a Voltage meter connected to the small terminals inside and you should get 12V. If you do, you know the pump is probably faulty. You can also check the pump itself by connecting an external 12V source onto the small pins and check if it runs.

We had the low pressure fuel pump on the 2008 RZ2 fail and had to get a new one out.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X