Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipped Wires

(Moved from Mechanical)
    Getting ready for the boat season and addressing some issues from last year, I noticed a cut wire under the dash going to an alarm beeper. Figured it should really be hooked up, I spliced it back together. When I went to start the boat, I got an alarm, and the boat would not turn over. I assume that there is a code stored in the computer preventing me from starting, but don't know how to check. Is this something that I will have to go to the dealer for? Boat ran fine last year, so I am not sure what the code may be. Please help.

with this wire unhooked does boat start?I know you say it did last year but im not real sure by what you said if you tried starting it this year without the wire hooked up.

Comment

Yes, when the boat would not start, I first said "WTF #$@#$@!%^#$#%@" and then decided maybe I should clip that wire that I spliced together. So I clipped the wire and Vroom started right up. I didn't think an annunciator would be the critical link in the engine fault prevention circuit.

Comment

Working...
      X