Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After replacing my dual Batt's, bank #1 does not work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After replacing my dual Batt's, bank #1 does not work...

Hoping someone has had this happen to give me some feedback.

Miracle 1: I have had the same original batteries in my boat from 03' til now....YEAH!

Miracle 2: They didnt die on me in the middle of the water!

Problem 1: After throwing two new deep cycles in, I have confirmation on one battery working in the boat. Bank 2 works to run the boat.
    Once I switch the switch over (which I was doing for test purposes.) to bank 1, dead...no power to the switch. (Batter is fine with full 12.56 volts.
    When I switch to 1 and 2 banks...No power to the switch...
    When I switch back to bank 1...Bingo...Boat starts..
    No fuses that I see or know of..

Any suggestions brain children?

Thanks,
    Jason

My first guess is you are missing a very large ground wire tying the 2 banks together.

Unbolt the switch, on the "C" terminal, you should have a large red wire running in from the starter (may also have a smaller red wire along with it, but it could also connect at the starter). On B1, there will be a large red going to battery 1 "+", on from terminal B2 should have a large red going to battery 2 "+". There should be a large black "-" from the engine block to one of the batteries negatives, and then a large black connecting the "-" of each battery.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthrl,
      Bro, thanks so much for the input. Sure enough, it was a ground wire missing on the bank 2 battery coming from the bank 1. Silly me.

Are you Mike btw. If so, I met you out at the ATL Boat Show a few years back talking Stereos.

Thanks Hammer, please dont hurt em.
      Jason

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatwhay View Post
        Chpthrl,
        Bro, thanks so much for the input. Sure enough, it was a ground wire missing on the bank 2 battery coming from the bank 1. Silly me.

Are you Mike btw. If so, I met you out at the ATL Boat Show a few years back talking Stereos.

Thanks Hammer, please dont hurt em.
        Jason
        I am Mike, dont think it was me, but if your talking stereo, i'm all ears
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X