Second Battery 20V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Battery 20V?

I searched but could not find an answer. Does anyone have pictures of a dual battery setup on a 20V? Is it alright to mount the second battery right next to the first?

On the 20V's, the Starting battery is under the port seating, kinda between the under seat storage and the rear locker. The ACC battery is under the stb seat right behind the driver, the Isolater is also located here.

If it where me, I would look at space 1st, access 2nd, and length or wire runs 3rd.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My starting battery is right behind the driver. I believe there is enough room there. Would this be O.K.?
      Last edited by ajholt7; 04-11-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I owen a 07 20v and am seriously thinking of moving my battery to the port ski locker side. my boat seams to sit heavy to starboard side when rideing 1 or 2 people I believe switching around would better balance the boat out.

Comment

Originally posted by rollem wake View Post
          I owen a 07 20v and am seriously thinking of moving my battery to the port ski locker side. my boat seams to sit heavy to starboard side when rideing 1 or 2 people I believe switching around would better balance the boat out.
          Do you have one or two batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
            My starting battery is right behind the driver. I believe there is enough room there. Would this be O.K.?
            If you got enough room for 2 batteries, then go for it, I dont think a 2nd one will fit. It would make for short wire runs from the "Starting" to the "ACC" battery and you will need an Isolator/Combiner such as a Perko switch or an auto Iso/combiner such as an ACR (auto combiner relay) or Diode Isolator.

Dont take this the wrong way......but are you sure you dont already have the EIDB dual battery option All the 20V's Ive seen had the starting battery on the port side between the under-seat storage and rear locker, and if it had the 2nd ACC battery, it went under the starboard seat behind the driver. Wat color is the top of the battery behind the drivers seat, green?
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I will have to look. But I was told it just had a single battery. I know it just an on off switch, not a 1,2,both.

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
                I will have to look. But I was told it just had a single battery. I know it just an on off switch, not a 1,2,both.
                Yep, Tige uses the ON/Off and not the 1/2/BOTH/Off

Comment

I have a 20v with the factory dual battery setup and both batteries are located in the storage compartment directly behind the drivers seat. the battery isolator / perko switch is located in the rear storage compartment but I dont recall which side. The only problem is that it takes up most of that space but its hasnt been a problem for me because there is plenty of other storage on the boat. I dont have any pics. and I just towed the boat to its summer home in Iowa this last weekend. Ill be going back there in a few weeks to put it in the water and could take a few then if needed. So in answer to your question yes you should be fine putting your second battery next to the first.

Comment

Atleast we know they are done consistently different

Originally posted by iowaboarder View Post
                    I have a 20v with the factory dual battery setup and both batteries are located in the storage compartment directly behind the drivers seat. the battery isolator / perko switch is located in the rear storage compartment but I dont recall which side. The only problem is that it takes up most of that space but its hasnt been a problem for me because there is plenty of other storage on the boat. I dont have any pics. and I just towed the boat to its summer home in Iowa this last weekend. Ill be going back there in a few weeks to put it in the water and could take a few then if needed. So in answer to your question yes you should be fine putting your second battery next to the first.

Comment

I only have 1. Pics would be great.

Comment

I have an 06 20v and both batterries are under the seat behind the driver on the starboard side, the on off switch is also there.
                        The boat does lean to one side if there are only two people in the boat, but it is easily fixed by having the passenger sit on the opposite side of the boat, no need to move batteries to port side as this is not a problem when I am alone.

Comment

Working...
                        X