Battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery issues

I had to replace my battety in my tige and when I was attaching the cables to the battery I accidently put the positive on the negitive and the negitive on the positive. Now I have power to the bilge, stereo, blower, ect but I can not get the boat to even try turning over when I turn the ignition. It seems as if I don't have power to start the boat. Any advice as to what may be wrong. I don't know if I just need to replace something or if I need to take it into a dealer.

I did that once on my old MC, look for the push button circuit breaker on the engine, usually in a small plastic box with a red push button breaker poking out of it, push in and reset, hopefully thats all it was?

Comment

^^^^ I 2nd the breaker on the engine!
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        ^^^^ I 2nd the breaker on the engine!
        All in favor say aye....the ayes have it. Check the breaker
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

^^^ aye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
            ^^^ aye!!!!
            Arrrrrrrrrr, check yea breaker, mate!
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I still hate batteries

Comment

Thank you for all your help. I have tried pushing the red circuit breaker button in but for some reason the button won't move in. Is that a bad sign? I have also checked some of the fuses under the dash and some near that ciruit breaker and they are still good.

Comment

Originally posted by wakejensen View Post
                  Thank you for all your help. I have tried pushing the red circuit breaker button in but for some reason the button won't move in. Is that a bad sign? I have also checked some of the fuses under the dash and some near that ciruit breaker and they are still good.
                  If the button wont push in, then it sounds like it may not be tripped, not a good thing. Do you have a 12v test light or a volt meter? If so, probe both sides of the breaker should have power on both sides, if not, breaker IS tripped, if no power on either side, trace back to battery. Also look on the transom behind the battery(s) there may be another breaker back there as well.

Comment

Don't know which boat you have but on some there is a small square fuse on the starter. That could have blown.

Comment

I have probed both sides of the circuit breaker button and it seems that the breaker has been tripped. With the voltamter I was only able to find voltage where the positive cable meets the starter which makes me think that there is a fuse that blew on the starter. I couldn't find a fuse on the starter but I may have missed it. I have a tige 22 V and its a 2001. Do you know where there might be a fuse on the starter?

Comment

Thanks for all the help I recieved. I was able to locate the fuse that is on the starter. For those of you that have this same problem if you follow the positive wire to a copper looking bracket you will find a white square about 1 in by 1 in. The white square is the fuse. You can look up the fuse on mecruiser's webisite and use the model number to find the fuse cheaper on the web. I was able to find it for about $30 with shipping.

Comment

Great job! Thanks for posting the results.
                          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                          X