Starting battery drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urbanstd View Post
    Yes it is the Clarion. With a test light placed in series with the fuse on the yellow wire you can see the current pulse. The test light will go dim then brighter almost like I was looking at a turn signal. I used jumper wires and tied the yellow wire into the red power wire and I can make the current draw go away, and the stereo will work normally. This is doing the same thing as shutting off the battery disconnect. I guess something internally in the stereo is at fault?
    With the head unit off, (now power on the red), I dont think the memory will draw enough to light a test-light bulb, somethings not right.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It has me scratching my head. I had my Father in law come down to verify what I was seeing and doing and he was also surprised.
      The stereo and Amp are working fine other than this current draw with everything off. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        With the head unit off, (no power on the red), I dont think the memory will draw enough to light a test-light bulb, somethings not right.
        Oops, this was supposed to read "NO power on the red"
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X