TAPS PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS PROBLEMS

I HAVE TIGE 01 22IR , HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY TAPS.
    I DON'T HAVE A OWNERS MANUAL AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE FUSE PANEL LOCATION AND ALSO WHERE IS THE TAPS MOTOR LOCATED ON MY BOAT?

Voner, The folks are going to ask the question, what is your TAPS doing or not doing? I can't help you on the fuse panel and pump, not familiar with that boat configuration.

Comment

send typerider a pm, he has the same boat, he might be able to help you on the fuse issue. But, lightning is right, what is it doing or not doing, also, you might have circuit breakers on the dashboard on that boat, little rubber knobs, try pushing those if you have them.
      "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

TAPS PROBLEMS

TAPS NOT WORKING AT ALL,WHEN I TOGGLE THE SWITCH ON THE GEAR LEVER NO MOVEMENT ON THE GAUGE OR THE FAN TAIL. I THINK ITS A FUSE OR A RELAY GONE-OUT
        I CHECKED THE RUBBER BREAKERS ON DASH BUT NOT POPPED OUT.
        I TRIED CHASING THE WIRE FROM GAUGE TO FIND THE RELAY WHICH I THINK I FOUND ( BLACK RECTANGLE SMALL BOX WITH THREE WIRES) BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHECK .
        I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION, WHERE IS THE TAPS MOTOR? IS IT IN ONE OF THE CYLINDERS ON THE FAN-TAIL?

Comment

Originally posted by VONER View Post
          TAPS NOT WORKING AT ALL,WHEN I TOGGLE THE SWITCH ON THE GEAR LEVER NO MOVEMENT ON THE GAUGE OR THE FAN TAIL. I THINK ITS A FUSE OR A RELAY GONE-OUT
          I CHECKED THE RUBBER BREAKERS ON DASH BUT NOT POPPED OUT.
          I TRIED CHASING THE WIRE FROM GAUGE TO FIND THE RELAY WHICH I THINK I FOUND ( BLACK RECTANGLE SMALL BOX WITH THREE WIRES) BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHECK .
          I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION, WHERE IS THE TAPS MOTOR? IS IT IN ONE OF THE CYLINDERS ON THE FAN-TAIL?
          mine is located under the passenger seat next to my built-in cooler, I have a 2000 21i, not sure if the configuration changed that much between years, might wanna check there, I have a removable round lid that gives you access to the taps pump
          "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by VONER View Post
            I HAVE TIGE 01 22IR , HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY TAPS.
            I DON'T HAVE A OWNERS MANUAL AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE FUSE PANEL LOCATION AND ALSO WHERE IS THE TAPS MOTOR LOCATED ON MY BOAT?
            Your TAPS pump should be in the step over-seat next to the driver. You can access it by unscrewing a small square panel by were the drivers left foot would be.

Comment

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS LIKE SHOUTING A CROWDED ROOM, KINDA RUDE........

FYI

Comment

TJRiver, Sorry, I am new to this forum.
                I have a question? I found the pump and checked for power, its dead coming into the pump, also there is no fuse or the breakers not popped out that I could find. The toggle switch on the gear lever checked out ok to, anyone have any ideal were I should check next.

Comment

It is either the three wire relay or the wires going to the TAPS switch in the shifter handle could have become frayed and have shorted together.

Comment

Welcome. You can search the threads for specific problems, lots of help here on the site. See if this one helps - Good Luck

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ght=taps+relay

Comment

Let us know how you fixed the problem. Add to the body of knowledge.

Comment

check your throttle handle wires

Voner
                        I have an 03 21i and had the same issue and it ended being that the wires to the taps switch in my throttle handle were badly twisted and broken. I would definately pull your handle apart to check your wires all the way through.

Comment

The problem was a blown fuse at the battery - replaced and works great.
                          simple, I learned alot about the taps searching for the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the update!
                            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                              Thanks for the update!
                              X2, glad you fixed it!
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                              X