Name this equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name this equipment?

What is the correct name of this piece of equipment? I ordered a grounding block to replace it. Tige sent me a basic grounding block, no wiring harness, nothing. Would like to know what to ask for this time!

thanks!
    Attached Files

Looks like a BUSS bar, sounds like what tige sent was what you ask for, what is it that you need?

If you ask for a battery from the auto parts store, they dont come with the cables Any wiring hooked to it is considered part of the body harness, if you have a harness problem, it would be easier to fix rather then remove and replace the whole boat harness.

Post a pic of what they sent!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

With red wires coming off of it, it does not look like a grounding block but a power distribution center.

Comment

I noticed you a 2001 21v, what you have is the brain box for the push button switches on dash board. If your switches have gone out and do not work you will have to remove the brain box and push button switches and convert them to the newer rocker switches.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
          I noticed you a 2001 21v, what you have is the brain box for the push button switches on dash board. If your switches have gone out and do not work you will have to remove the brain box and push button switches and convert them to the newer rocker switches.
          That's exactly what happened. I'm guessing you know this from personal experience? Is there a How To for the conversion or could you give me a quick parts list?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            sounds like what tige sent was what you ask for
            Oh yea, not faulting Tige at all. I got what I asked for, a basic grounding block with 8 screw downs for accessories and 1 screw down for the neg lead.

Comment

Originally posted by lesaew View Post
              That's exactly what happened. I'm guessing you know this from personal experience?

hahaha Lee works at a Tige dealership.

Comment

Oh yea, not faulting Tige at all. I got what I asked for, a basic grounding block with 8 screw downs for accessories and 1 screw down for the neg lead.
                Yeah, didnt meen to sound like a buthead, sorry
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That's exactly what happened. I'm guessing you know this from personal experience? Is there a How To for the conversion or could you give me a quick parts list?
                  It is personal. You just need the rocker switch plate and remove the wires that you have connected to the brain box and connect them to the correct new rocker switch.

Comment

so if the push bottons stopped working, the brain box should still be ok?

Comment

They work together, I do not know what part of yours in not working. You could unplug the two conectors and switch the two wires and plug them back and see if they start working.

Comment

I got my new dash panel with rocker switches from Tige, but I'm confused by the wiring harnesses. It initially looked like a plug and play piece of equipment. Do I need that bus bar/brain box/grounding block with this new rocker switch unit?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2001 with the rocker panel or for a 2002 model?

Comment

You will need to by pass the brain box and wire to the new switch panel.

Comment

As always Lee, thanks for providing your infinite Tige wisdom!

Comment

Post some pictures of the new set up if you can, I would like to see the results.

Comment

Working...
                              X