Need to reset the Boat Hours Meter???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to reset the Boat Hours Meter???

Multifunction computer turns off automatically and hour meter was reset to ZERO and sound of radio turns off ever since I replaced the fuse on the starter motor. Here is the link to that mess.

LASERFISH helped me get that fixed. Since then the multifunction computer turns off on its own and at random. On my last trip out I noticed that the hour meter for the boat was reset to ZERO! Is there a way to retrieve the hours and reset the computer to reflect it?

Anyone had experience with the multifunction computer randomly turning off?

The radio sound cuts out but the head unit stays on and appears to be working.

Help???

Does your boat have the manual dial hour meter in the glove box? If so, you can use that for the actual hours used.

-Mike
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Mine reset after about 50 hours, it hasn't done it since. I just look at the hours on my perfectpass to see how many I've used.

Comment

Hours set to zero.......sweet............
        "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

its funny tige seems to have trouble with hour meters, when we got our new boat the hour meter didnt work either, we were running it in and wondering why after a day out we still had 0.7 hrs.

the dealer replaced it no worries but its just funny that they seem to be a common fault.

Comment

My hour meter is on my Tach, I had to have it serviced by Faria twice, they always sent it back with the same hours on it
            "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

I've heard that the Farias will reset due to a low voltage condition, but a "hard copy" engine's hours is stored in the ECM.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X