Electrical throttle housing...not sure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical throttle housing...not sure?

OK so this is the third time this has happened...
    I am out on the water, pulling a rider and all of a sudden the boat dies? Or just cruising, hit a small bump or wake and the boat shuts off. No sputter, just flat lines.
    When I try and start it, the boat turns over but does not start. After a couple try's it might light up but when I throttle it, she dies again.
    When I took it in to the dealer to check out he was saying that is a loss of electrical connection somewhere in the throttle housing? He said that he tighend it up, I thought he fixed it but guess not.
    I have a 2006 22VE riders edition. Has this happened to anyone else....very frustrating!

Sorry, haven't had that happen to be in both the 24Ve nor the RZ2. I wonder if they need to flash the ECM or you might want to make sure all your grounding wires are connected and not rusted.

Comment

Thanks David. I wish I knew more about engines and the wires and all that...I am going to tighten the throttle and see if that helps. It didnt happen the first two years though?

Comment

Do you have the EIDB duel battery set up from the factory? What engine do you have?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Tytanium View Post
          ... When I took it in to the dealer to check out he was saying that is a loss of electrical connection somewhere in the throttle housing? ...
          The dealer may be referring to a "Neutral Safety Switch". But that switch has nothing to do with killing the engine. It would not allow power to get to the starter solenoid to engage the starter. If your boat has a Velvet Drive the switch is on the trans, not in the throttle housing. You may have "throttle by wire". I'm not familiar with "throttle by wire", but it would be some sort of variable signal being sent from the throttle housing which might have a loose connection. Sure sounds like a loose/cracked connector somewhere. Check the electrical connections at the back of the ignition switch making sure the screws are all tight. Power goes from the ignition switch to relays that control power to the engine computer and fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
          X