Switch won't shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch won't shut off

So my Bilge Pump dash switch won't turn off. I even tried turning off both the perko switches from the batteries and it still wouldn't shut off..... WHAT THE HECK????? How in the heck does Tige have this thing wired?

It was doing this around the 4th.... but I finally got it to switch off. I finally had to crawl under the dash and unplug a wire to get it to shut off. So what's going on here?
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

A bilge pump should always be wire straight to the battery, don't matter who makes the boat. Sounds like a stuck float switch in the pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

x2 mr chpthril answer. Happened to me.
      Let it be!!!

Comment

x3 mr chpthril

Comment

x4..looks like your automatic bilge is now automatically draining your batteries.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

It's not the automatic bilge dogbert. It's the switched bilge pump... hence the Switch

But I appreciate the attempt at humor
            Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

There is only 1 bilge pump. It is set up to work off the switch or automatically if the water is too high in the bilge. The float in the pump will get stuck in the up position and therefore it will run automatically and the light on the switch will be on. The bilge pump has 3 wires a positive to the switch, a positive to the battery(for automatic running if pump float is raised) and a negative.

Just disconnect the bilge pump from the base, clean the screen, clean the pump by shaking it a few times and put pump back in the base.

Another thing to check is the pump might have come out of the base and be laying sideways.
              If you knew this then I am sorry as I might have missed it in the dogbert - tanner humor above
              Last edited by Agent 86; 07-26-2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                It's not the automatic bilge dogbert. It's the switched bilge pump... hence the Switch

But I appreciate the attempt at humor
                On my 06, when the water level kicks the automatic bilge pump (same pump power by the switch) on, the light on the switch illuminates to indicate to the captain, that the bilge has water in it. So, if the float is stuck in the up position, the light in the switch should be on.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 86 View Post
                  There is only 1 bilge pump.
                  Nope... my boat has two... an automatic and a manualy switched one. They sit about 12" from each other.

But thanks guys. I'll check out the automatic pump.... I did not know it was tied in to illuminate the switch when kicked on. I've never seen the switch come on when it did, so I must have missed that.

Comment

My auto bilge pump is tied to the switch for it to manually turn on and also attached to the battery for auto.... I thought that was what all models had??? Well, my two boats do.

Comment

But if you can't solve it Tanner, I can sell you my 24Ve pump for $55k. The 24Ve hull, engine, warranty, stainless steel package, and trailer will be free then.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                        But if you can't solve it Tanner, I can sell you my 24Ve pump for $55k. The 24Ve hull, engine, warranty, stainless steel package, and trailer will be free then.
                        Now what in the hell would I do w/ 3 boats? LOL

Comment

Nope... my boat has two... an automatic and a manually switched one. They sit about 12" from each other.

But thanks guys. I'll check out the automatic pump.... I did not know it was tied in to illuminate the switch when kicked on. I've never seen the switch come on when it did, so I must have missed that.
                          Ok, lets back up and ask.......which boat are we talking about, the 06 or 09? Not aware of Tige installing duel bilge pumps on any of their boats.....FIC or Lee?, either way, I dont know why they both would not be wired in parallel to both be auto and manual from the switch.

Comment

Now what in the hell would I do w/ 3 boats? LOL
                            You only have 1 right now. Then you could have the longest Tige on record.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                              Ok, lets back up and ask.......which boat are we talking about, the 06 or 09? Not aware of Tige installing duel bilge pumps on any of their boats.....FIC or Lee?, either way, I dont know why they both would not be wired in parallel to both be auto and manual from the switch.
                              The 06'. Special order, dealer option

Comment

Working...
                              X