Engine Serial #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Serial #?

I am looking for a starter/solenoid assy, distributer cap and rotor for my 2002 23V. Motor is 5.7 liter throttle body injection I believe. I have the hull # however the mercruiser website lists everything buy motor serial #. Where on the motor do I find that or is there something I can look up buy my hull #?

Originally posted by radackj View Post
    I am looking for a starter/solenoid assy, distributer cap and rotor for my 2002 23V. Motor is 5.7 liter throttle body injection I believe. I have the hull # however the mercruiser website lists everything buy motor serial #. Where on the motor do I find that or is there something I can look up buy my hull #?
    Not sure about the starter/solenoid, but the cap and rotor will set you back about a bill. There's a sticky post in the "General Technical Questions"l section of the forum pointing to a good on-line source.

Look for the engine serial number, etc., on the port side of the large plastic "air cleaner" that you have to take off to see the intake manifold.

Mine's an '02 as well, a 315 MPI, and it has sequential injection. You should see four injectors on each side of the intake manifold up against the valve cover.

Comment

I think on our Merc motor there is a data plate on the right, rear, lower part of the block with the serial no. on it. You can read it looking from the side of the motor.

Comment

Working...
      X