Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS is going nuts

Ok, here is the story:

The taps unit in the back isn't moving. At all. However, the gauge up front is moving, but ONLY when the blower is on. I've been told that the TAPS system is completely separate from the rest of the electrical system, minus the wire that goes to the gauge cluster, so that didn't make a lot of sense to me.

I called Tige, talked to Harvey, and he told me to check to make sure the wires in the throttle handle weren't shorting out somehow. I used a screwdriver and allen to pop the handle off, and I see one flat gray wire, which I guessed was all three wires, just wrapped. I didn't see any breaks, but I could't completely remove the handle, so I could only see a small section. However, I guess everything looked normal.

Anyway, Harvey also told me that I could test the ram by cutting a black & white wire headed into the TAPS brain from a 1/2'' plastic sleeve (which he said was in a small black box under the control panel), and attaching it to a 12v battery. I see two boxes under the control panel, one of which is the wakepro, and the other is unmarked. However, I couldn't find the black and white wire headed into the box.

I am lost. Does anyone have any idea what to do next?

Thanks

Look up in the panel behind the throttle. There should be a green wire. Trace it back all the way from the throttle and make sure it's connected, then follow it back to the back of the boat and make sure there's no problems there.

As for the blower.... Ummmmm.... wow... don't know.
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Working...
    X