docking lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

docking lights

My boat has "thru-hull" navigation lights. I was wanting to replace them with docking lights and just put a combo(red/green) light on the bow.

Has anyone ever done this or can someone recommend where to get the docking lights?

Here is a photo for those who don't know what I'm talking about:
    Attached Files

i'd like to do something with them as well, maybe move them up, or I should say the angle up, they don't work very well to see much of anything. Anyone done anything like that?

Dom
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I've considered doing this myself. I'm just not sure I want the navigation lights up on the bow. I kind of like the 'smooth' look it currently has.

Here's a link to some at west marine. There are several different styles out there.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...productId=7420

Comment

RZMike....those are exactly the lights I'm talking about, thanks. I wonder if it would look ok to put those infront of my navigation(red/green) lights, or replace them and put a combo red/green light on top of the bow?

Comment

I sure it would be okay to put your navigation lights on top, near the point of the bow, and then put the docking lights where the navigation lights were. There are alot of boats with that configuration. My old boat was set up like that.

I don't know about putting the docking lights in front of the navigation lights. I've never seen it done that way. My guess is if your running the docking lights at night, they will interfer with the visability of the navigation lights.

I'm not an expert on this subject, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

hanzj take a look at the 04 Tige line that is what we do. The navigation light goes on top and the docking lights are on the side. I believe it is the same light from the link.
            Last edited by Harvey; 01-29-2004, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I think the best way would be like the 04's. If anyone else is interested, I found them at boaters world for $149! I'll post some pics when I get them put in. Here is the link for the lights.
              docking lights

Comment

Working...
              X