Perko Operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perko Operation

Question for folks that have a 1/2/both/off Perko. In the "Off" position, things still work. Lights will come on with switches and the start alarm will sound (although voltage reads very low on the gauge.) Is this normal?

No. Everything should be off except for the bilge pump automatic circuit. Something is not wired correctly. Check the wires connected to the batteries to verify that grounds are going to ground, hots are going to hot, etc.
    Ray Thompson
    2005 22V

Comment

All depends on how its wired. Some switches are used to Isolate the 2 batteries in order to allow accessories to run, with out draining the other battery, but allow the alt to charge the batteries when engine is running.

If you want to be able to kill everything, including memory for the radio, install an ON/OFF switch between the battery grounds and block. Other wise you will have a lot of re-wiring to do.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sounds like how mine was wired.

My accessories ran straight to the battery. The key switch and everything that would run off the key switch, engine, radio, taps, would not work.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Mine is wired to kill everything except the bilge pump.
          Ray Thompson
          2005 22V

Comment

Odd thing is that when the key is in off position and perko is in the offf position, the tower light was able to come on.

With the key in the pre-start position and perko in the off position, the start alarm sounded, but the voltage was super low.

It seems like there are multiple ways the boats are wired.

Lastly, I do not have a brown wire with a stripe for the auto bilge that Lee referenced in a separate thread. Are all of our boats supposed to have them?

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
              Lastly, I do not have a brown wire with a stripe for the auto bilge that Lee referenced in a separate thread. Are all of our boats supposed to have them?
              Yes you should, it might not be connected to the battery but it should be very close to it.

Good to see you back Ray.

Comment

^^^ like Lee said, it should be there......It is easy to overlook /loose this wire when the batteries are removed or disconnected.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I will look for the brown wire this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X