Fuse Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse Box

Can anyone tell me where the fuse box is? 4 of my 6 stereo speakers went out, and I can't find a fuse box to determine if that is the problem or not.

BTW, I've got a '03 21I

Thanks,
    Chuck

The back four of the factory install were on an amp and the front two were on the head unit, might be an amp problem.

Comment

amp

How can I troubleshoot my amp?

Thanks,
      Chuck

Comment

Is the power light coming on, is it getting power, does it have a good ground, are the fuses in the amp blown?

Comment

amp

Yeah, the light is coming on. I think it's green. If it is red what should I do?

Comment

What is the make and model of your amp?

Comment

If you have green on the amp, it is probably working.

There are a few possible causes.

A quick sample, in order of probability:

* Fader control accidentally turned all the way to front or all the way to rear.

* RCA cables between radio and amplifier disconnected.

* Speakers all blown, (highly unlikely).

Check the first two and verify you have a green light that indicates the amp is powered up, and we can work towards diagnosing a solution of we do not find that it is a simple thing.
              Last edited by philwsailz; 07-07-2008, 01:33 PM.
              It's not an optical illusion.
              It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by chuckhoenig View Post
                Yeah, the light is coming on. I think it's green. If it is red what should I do?
                If the light is red, first disconnect all the speakers at the amplifier and turn the radio off, then back on. Be sure to have the volume all the way down at the radio. If it goes back to green, you might have a bad speaker or bad wire that is causing it to go into protection.

If it is red, and stays red, check the voltage at the power inputs of the amp. It should be at least 11, preferably higher...
                It's not an optical illusion.
                It just looks like one.....

Comment

Working...
                X