Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly a stupid ws420 question but really need to know!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly a stupid ws420 question but really need to know!!!

im about to mount the 420 in the boat and am thinking about trying to put it under the steering wheel but im struggling a little with routing the cables...

my question is...
    when you have a 420 does it become ur PRIMARY volume controll, OR do u set it up and then just controll the volume with the head unit???

i really need to know as if it is not the primary volume controll, i will mount it on the passenger side with the amps and save myself the trouble of routing the wires all throughout the boat.

sorry for another question relating to 420's but i really appreciate the advice and you guys have been great so far!!

cheers ric

I use mine as a primary control otherwise it gets hard to get to the tower control.
    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
    "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

According to Tim from wetsounds, the HU should still be the primiary control of volume.
      http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthre...&highlight=420
      If you will start posting questions like this in the stereo forum on this board, you will get much better response and visibility.

Also, if you mount in the dry storage locker, you will in essence lose the talk back feature. You could still use it, but it would be more of a pain than it is worth.

Comment

thanks for that, sounds like there is a little more to it than i had hoped, but i will figure it out..

Comment

Working...
        X