Calling wetsounds installers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling wetsounds installers

Z1 has arrived in the country, sterio is going in on thussday!!!
    just a question with running the RCA leads to and from the WS420.

if the 420 is mounted somwhere under the steering wheel, how do you run the rca cables from the drivers side, to the amps which are mounted in the compartment behind the passenger seat? is there a gap anywhere to run the cables???

i have seen, that people have mounted their 420s under the steering wheel, does anyone have pictures of where they ran there rca cables???

any advice would be appreciated

cheers ric

There are some people that were able to fish the cables down through the floor and across. I couldn't get this done. For me, the cleanest and easiest install was from cockpit through the kick panel (gap at top right side), around the bow, back down port side, and into the dry storage. I have 3 amps, so I purchased 4 20ft Stinger RCAs. The lengh was just right on 1 and a tad long on the other three (based on amp mounting locations). I'm ok with a little slack and didn't want to be too short.

I ran the power/ground wire the same route, but tied these up to existing cables trying to prevent too much contact with the RCAs, which I ran along the floor. I used roughly 50ft of 18 gauge wire. I know I had some left, but I can't remember how much.

Do a search for ws420 and you will find several threads.

Comment

cheers jeff,
      that sounds like a sensible option, as i dont really want to be drilling tooo many holes in the new boat.
      was there any problem with loss of signal with the long RCA leads?

thanks for the advice

Comment

No, but what ended up happening to me was this. I had some noise in the system to begin with that i had not previously noticed. The 420 made it much more noticible so I have to get it cleaned up by re-routing the ground/power for the HU and installing a ground loop iso. If you need help finding the RCAs, buy them here. I buy all my wiring, etc from this shop. The owner is very standup. I've met him personally a few times when he has helped me in a jam and drove wiring roughly an hour to meet me.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bag-Boy-Home-...r-Audio-Wiring

Tell him Jeff from Bentonville sent you.

Comment

Working...
        X