anchor light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anchor light problem

i have a 2005 switch-v 20'. the anchor light will not work. i let the tower down and checked the wiring with a volt meter and am not getting power at the connection. is this on a fuse or circuit breaker, where can i find this? i'm not sure how to access the routing of the wire all the way to the switch on the dash..anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

It should be a breaker. Breaker panel should be under the dash I believe. Does the light on the switch light up or not? Are the Nav lights our also?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

yes the light on the switch illuminates it is a dual position switch, up nav/ anchor; down anchor; middle off. the nav lights (red/green) will come on. the wires that connect in the joint of the tower are damaged, but do not have current going to them when i check an undamaged piece of the wire. the switches have a circuit breaker to the side of them on the outside of the dash. they are not extended (thrown).

Comment

I would think that the wire are pinched somewhere inside your tower. Could be where the tower mounts to the boat or where the tower folds.

Comment

after a few hours of sweating and disassembly, the problem is solved. wire was damaged (flat like a pancake) but not broken where tower mounts to boat. and found contact was lost in wire at the tower joint to let the tower down after tugging on and plastic insulation on the wire broke.

Comment

Working...
          X