Temp Gauge Pegs out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Gauge Pegs out.

Hey everyone...I have been coping with something for a long time on my 03' 22v. I Love this boat...but as we all know, gauges are the death of some of us...
    I have one issue with the Temperature Gauge pegging out at full temp after the boat is running. The boat is not overheating, because I went through the process of replacing the impeller, when I probably didnt have to.

In addition, the Fuel gauge is now stuck at full. I have seen a post on the Fuel problems, but the Temp gauge is killing me. I figured I would add that piece of info in so that any possible relationships could be used.

I am about to use the boat all summer for a kids camp. I want to be sure I am prepared.
    Any suggestions? I cant seem to find relevant posts on this.
    I appreciate any and all feedback! You guys Rock.
    Jason

I had a problem like this on my last boat, a four-winns. Replaced several impellers, trying to find issue, but motor seemed fine always. It was my alternator, and a short. When my guages were not getting enough juice, they would wig out, but especially my temp guage. I started to notice that my boat would overheat the most when I was drawing the most juice, like at night, or with the radio slammed. Don't know if thats your issue, but something to think about. Do other guages act up when your temp guage is doing this?
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

Thanks for the reply..
      In regards to the Temp gauge being pegged out..It doesn't act up to so speak..it full blow does it the entire time the boat operates...every time...The fuel gauge has gotten worse each year...in other words, I think it is actually sticking, but I am stubborn, and since I know the boat fairly well, I know when I need to fuel up, so replacing the unit has not been one of my major agendas..boat quits, big deal, grab my extra gas can that I ALWAYS carry with me to get me back to more petrol.
      The Temp unit, I am not sure where it is located to test it...or if it is the gauge itself..Stays on 0 while no power is to it, and pegs out when there is power to it...meaning the boat is turned on. I could see the Alt being a prob. I will check it, but pretty sure it is a sending unit issue...just wanted to know how to check it before I purchase..

Comment

Sounds like the temp sending unit is open or unplugged. When you locate the sender, ground the wire w/key on, gauge should drop to cold.

OR

It could work the opposite: unplugged goes to cold, grounded goes to hot.

Either way, if you can make the gauge sweep, you know the circuit and gauge are good, sender is bad or it really is running hot!
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I feel ya... my fuel guage has decided to do the same thing
          Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
            I feel ya... my fuel guage has decided to do the same thing
            I replaced my fuel gauge with a Faria Fuel Manager.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
              I replaced my fuel gauge with a Faria Fuel Manager.
              Best instrument upgrade ever.
              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Mine has done the same thing for 3 years now. They dealer replaced the temp gauge and impeller with no luck.

They tested the engine temp. with a heat gun and always runs at the right temp. We just decided to live with in pegged all the time.

Hope that helps.
                Tom

Comment

my 22i just did this too. Tech said it was a bad sensor go ahead and drive it.

Comment

Working...
                  X