iPOD PLUG IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPOD PLUG IN

We are trying to use the ipod with the clarion radio and do not understand where it plugs into so we can work the ipod with the remote control. Currently we use and adapter to the power supply by the radio, and set the radio tunner at a certain frequency, but none of the contols on the radio will work like the manuel says. Maybe I am using the wrong adapter not overly tech savey so any help would be great. I have a 2007 22ve and it is perfect.

Thanks

I use a connector with RCA on one end and the IPOD jack on the other. There are probably several RCA output terminals that come from your head unit. Two of those are auxiliary outputs. I hooked mine up to that, set the head unit to AUX, turned up the volume and had sounds.

Comment

Do you have the special cable that plugs into the back of the H/U or are you using an FM transmitter?
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

we are using an fm transmitter, we get sounds and that is all good, but the functions on the radio no not work and I cannot seem to find the plug - in dirct into radio

Comment

Try buying the cable, set the HU to aux and you should be fine. We never have had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreg View Post
            We are trying to use the ipod with the clarion radio and do not understand where it plugs into so we can work the ipod with the remote control. Currently we use and adapter to the power supply by the radio, and set the radio tunner at a certain frequency, but none of the contols on the radio will work like the manuel says. Maybe I am using the wrong adapter not overly tech savey so any help would be great. I have a 2007 22ve and it is perfect.

Thanks
            I believe if you are using a fm transmitter the only thing that the remote will control is the volume. You will also need to have the volume on the ipod turned up between 75% and full. What else do you want the remote to do.?
            Let it be!!!

Comment

it says in the manual that you should be able to control all the functions from the radio, and or the remote control and not just the volume that we can control. Not that big of a deal to open the clove box and mess directly with the ipod, just didn't know if I was missing something simple on the calrion.

Comment

To control the other functions, I would guess you need the clarion IPOD interface. Not knowing what HU you have it would be something like this

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=18537
                Let it be!!!

Comment

What the manual describes, is the operation using the EA1276B Ipod interface.

The FM Mod you are using is like the radio receiving a radio signal.

The other option is the Aux Ipod cable. It uses the double ended headphone cable. Again, you will only get volume control through the head unit, all other function are done through the Ipod.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                  X