Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another wiring assistance plea!!

hi all,

i have recently ordered a new z1 which will be one of the few in the country when it arrives (australia). greatly anticipating its arrival.
    i have some queries about the setup of the sterio.
    the speaker system is a follows:
    6 cabin speakers (2 in bow 4 in main area)
    1 sub (drivers feet)
    4 tower speakers (wetsounds pro 80s)

i have purchased 3x alpine PDX 4ch amps to run the speakers (150 watts RMS a channel).
    i was planning to run the bow speakers of two channels on amp 1 and the sub bridged off the other 2 channels. then run the four cabin speakers off amp 2 and the tower speakers off amp 3.

my problem is the clarion headunit has only front, rear and sub RCA outputs.

how should the RCA's be split between the 3 amps????

has anyone tryed this???

appreciate any advice...

Not familer with those amps, but they may have an RCA-out that you can run from there to another amp. You could also use the non-fade for the tower.

OR

Just order a Wet Sounds W/S420 EQ and call it a day

Just a thought, 150W for the Pro 80 will leave them beging for more.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The 4 channel amp might be better for the internal speakers but chpthril is right, those Pro 80's need more power.

Comment

My advise,

Since you have the makings of a great system, I would finish it off and grab a Wet Sound 420 EQ, A lot of us have them hear ( including me) and I think it will not only solve your problem but will also enhance your system.

With the 420 one set of RCA's from the head unit to the EQ and then (3) outputs from the EQ to the amps.

1) for in boat

2) for Sub

3) for Tower speakers.

Nice and simple... and solves all your problems.

Originally posted by tigesinaus View Post
        hi all,

i have recently ordered a new z1 which will be one of the few in the country when it arrives (australia). greatly anticipating its arrival.
        i have some queries about the setup of the sterio.
        the speaker system is a follows:
        6 cabin speakers (2 in bow 4 in main area)
        1 sub (drivers feet)
        4 tower speakers (wetsounds pro 80s)

i have purchased 3x alpine PDX 4ch amps to run the speakers (150 watts RMS a channel).
        i was planning to run the bow speakers of two channels on amp 1 and the sub bridged off the other 2 channels. then run the four cabin speakers off amp 2 and the tower speakers off amp 3.

my problem is the clarion headunit has only front, rear and sub RCA outputs.

how should the RCA's be split between the 3 amps????

has anyone tryed this???

appreciate any advice...
        Tige owner since 2006

Comment

cheers guys,
          i had a look at the ws 420 and it look the goods. makes things a whole lot simpler. does anyone know if it actively boosts the RCA signal from the headunit???
          hoping the amp will be strong enough for the pro 80's the dealer said they are a rated 150Watt RMS but are more realistically 160-170 watts RMS as alpine under rates their amps.
          another question??? does anyone know how to run the speaker wires to the foward crossbar on a Z tower???? ive seen it done on the tige website [URL="http://www.tige.com/models/images/z1/large/z1_11.jpg"] but our dealer always mounts them on the top crossbar. is it possible or just a factory one off??? has anyone tried it??

appreciate the help.
          Last edited by tigesinaus; 05-25-2008, 05:36 AM. Reason: more questions

Comment

Working...
          X