relay necessary for tower lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relay necessary for tower lights?

Do you guys have a relay installed for your tower lights?

I was just talking with someone, and they sugested I buy a fog light relay kit, and use that with these titan lights. Now I am wondering what to do. My simply install, keeps getting more complicated. :-\

Originally posted by Waterski-Rebel View Post
    My simply install, keeps getting more complicated. :-\
    What made you ever think your DIY projects were going to not be complicated?

The good news is that you'll get better at it and then people think you're a pro
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Not a bad idea, it will take the load off the switch.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Being that Relay's aren't waterproof, do I put the relay in a waterproof box, or do I need to worry about heat? Also, where is the best place to put the relay (under the dash, by the battery)?? etc.....

The lights have 16 AGW wire on them, and I am going to run 10 AGW wire. What is the best way to convert the 16 to 10? It would be nice to use one of those slice in connectores (I forgot what they are called), but 16 and 10 are too drastic of a change.

thanks!

Comment

Put it in a dry place, and yes be sure you add one. Tower lights (unless they are the LED counterparts, and even those in minimal quantity) draw too much current to use a typical rocker type switch.

16 to 10 is easily done with a solder gun and some shrink.
          http://www.wakeboatworld.com
          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
          X