• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEW ALPINE MARINE STUFF

looks like it is really great stuff check it out

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/

I also have a question. i have one of the 22i's and it came with 4 alpine
    6 1/2" speakers that are not marine speakers and i want to switch them to the 7" alpine's SPR-m700 because they have more power handling and made for the water. question is will the 7" speakers fit in the holes for the 6.5" speakers.

I would just go measure but the boat is 100 miles away.
    how hard would it be to make them fit.

Probably not. Before you go buy the Alpines, you need to check out the Wet Sounds. They are by far the best in-boat speaker.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The Alpine SPR-700's are only 50W RMS. The WS XS650's are 100W RMS.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
        Probably not. Before you go buy the Alpines, you need to check out the Wet Sounds. They are by far the best in-boat speaker.
        x2
        Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

the spr-m600 really suck i got to listen to them today

Comment

Go Wet Sounds of Kicker KS series, cant go wrong with either
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Go Wet Sounds of Kicker KS series, cant go wrong with either
              I would jump in on the Kicker bandwagon, (why not, I work there). I will personally recommend the KM series from Kicker. The KM620 coax has the same 3/4" dome tweeter as the KS speakers. It adds to the feature set with a sealed cone for the mid-woofer, drainage channels for the grills, 316 stainless hardware, and one mega-beefy motor structure. The speaker basket is injection molded, and all ferrous materials are sealed inside of water-resistant housings. This gives you an added benefit of preventing those nasty red rust streaks in your gel coat, caused by slowly rusting steel parts.

The Kicker Marine speakers are also offered in two different models of components, one with a 3/4" dome tweeter and one with a 1" dome tweeter. Both of these have external crossovers for improved performance and power-handling. The flagship KM6252 has a pretty nice crossover, with 12 db per octave filtering for the mid-woofer, and 18 dB per octave filtering for the tweeter.

Thaks for the opportunity to share this advertorial!
              It's not an optical illusion.
              It just looks like one.....

Comment

Working...
              X