Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amps

Amperage for Batts:
    How do I know how many amps I have/need for my charger?
    I see chargers for 12/24V 6Amp or 12/24V 10Amp or even 12/24V 15Amp chargers?
    Also I assume I have "flooded" batteries not "gel" correct?
    I have the EDIB Dual Battery option from tige.....

Thanks guys!
    Work Hard, Play Harder

You might consider one of these. I used one of these on my truck and also on my boat for dual batteries for 4 seasons and never had any battery issues. I kept it plugged in year round with absolutely no problems. http://www.chargetek.com/ct500.html

There some discount stores online with some pretty good prices.

Comment

That one seems cool too...
      I am looking at this one:
      http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...s/GU2611A.html
      My dealer is putting a different one in for me but I am not sure it is what I want...
      Still tring to understand what I need AMPERAGE wise...
      Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Buff, that is the exact one I have in my boat right now... The stereo people suggested it. The benefits of that is charging and it's also a battery tender.

IMO, I think that one is good to go...

Comment

And you are just running normal batts no Kinetik etc...
          So 10amps is correct?
          Thought you had 4 batteries? So you running 2 of these chargers or....
          Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by buffman View Post
            And you are just running normal batts no Kinetik etc...
            So 10amps is correct?
            Thought you had 4 batteries? So you running 2 of these chargers or....
            I running 4 Interstate batteries. I do know that one is attached to two batteries and haven't looked for the other one yet. From what I understood, I should have two but at this time, I only have one plug.... Last night I was cleaning the boat and didn't get that far into the boat to notice anything else besides the vynal seats and cleaning them. However, I will look tonight.

Comment

It looks like the Guest charge you linked to has a bit more charging power than the Chargetek I used. What I learned when I was looking for a charger was that the most important feature was the 3 stage charging system. Four years ago the Chargetek was the best I could find for dual batteries that was reasonably priced.

Comment

Thanks guys very helpful as usual....
                Let me know what else you find out there da.bell
                Rock on!
                Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

I have two batteries, one for the starter that comes stock, and one kinetik HC1800 (1900 amps, 81 Ah) and just bought a minnkota 10 amp on board charger. Should I be good to go? Main concern is keeping the deep cycle charged. It is a 2 bank, multi stage charger. I almost stepped up to the 20amp.

Comment

These are the specs on the Chargetek I linked above and used for 4 seasons. As you can see it was only a 3.0A charger but it would bring the batteries back to 100% charged state within a few hours after being out and I had a lot of electrical on my boat. Ask WWS they know what I had on my boat.

ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
                    AC Input Voltage Range: 90-132VAC
                    AC Input Current: 2.3A rms Maximum
                    Max. Charging Current: 3.0A (Fast Mode)
                    Max. Charging Voltage(Absorption Mode): 29.0-29.7VDC
                    Max. Charging Voltage( Float Mode): 26.4-27.4VDC

It seems like the charger that buff linked would also be a good choice.

Comment

Yeah talked with Bill and I beleive that is what I already have installed on my boat the ChargeTek....if you are happy with it and has worked good for ya I may stick with it (as it is already there) and if need be swtich up to the Guest 2611A if I feel the need.
                      Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

this is the one i use as well. you can hook 2 batts to each set of cables if im not mistaken it just does not charge them as fast.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The charger's output in Amps = charge time. The higher the amps, the faster it will charge. If you've got 2 multi-battery banks, or a bank of 4 batteries in parallel, for example, you will need to look at a higher rate of charge, hi amp output, if you need that bank be recharged over Sat night for another go at the sand bar on Sunday.

For a basic 2 bank setup, I think a 10 Amp charger will do just fine. Should have no problem charging 2-3 batteries overnight. The main thing is to go with a multi-stage/smart charger. They tapper off the charge as the batteries near "full".
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I'm new so may sound stupid but have the EBID system on my 2008 22Vé. Is there no way of having both batteries charged from the engine instead of just the main one?
                            Do I have to manually charge the second battery then with a charger as mentioned above?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ruds View Post
                              Hey guys, sorry I'm new so may sound stupid but have the EBID system on my 2008 22Vé. Is there no way of having both batteries charged from the engine instead of just the main one?
                              Do I have to manually charge the second battery then with a charger as mentioned above?

Thanks
                              both your batts. are charged by the alt. we just install chargers to help keep batts. topped off for days when you beach and run them down anchored and jamin. when you sit and just run the radio for a long time you drain the house batt. and it is hard on the alt. to recharge it wich is where the batt. charger comes in. get home clean the boat plug it in for the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X