Docking lights won't light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docking lights won't light

My 1 year old Tige 22iR docking lights never worked since day 1.
    I've checked the circuit bkr and all connections.

Several trips to the dealer never got the problem (or any other problems) resolved.

Anyone know where the power supply to the lights is?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

It was a several hundred dollar option that I could really use.

I often tie to a anchor at night and finding it would be much easier if this costly option would work.
    Thanks.
    www.battlesangel.com

What's going on with these Tige Dealers that won't resolve their customer's issues? This is appalling.

Our dealer here in St. Louis (Stateamind Water Sports) will bend over backwards to please their customers. At least they have shown the highest level of customer support to me, and I don't see why they would treat me any differently than anyone else. Last time I checked, I didn't have a money tree in my back yard.

Back to the issue - The docking lights are great. They really help.

Have you checked all your fuses? - Not just the breakers on the dashboard, but the fuses underneath the drivers console?

Saulo

Comment

Theirs lots of creative wireing under there,, I think I'll just run a new hot wire to the switch through a fuse.

The supply power wire to the lights vanishes on its route to the battery.

Tige dealers are better than most all others makes dealers I've found.

I've had my problems,, but no worse than other brands of boats I've owned.

I get worked up,, but venting and patience are the key to sucessful repairs.
      www.battlesangel.com

Comment

Flying Tiger -

The wiring on my new 22 V is set up in a harness style, where one power lead to the distribution box under the Dash runs all switches incl. the bow lights. Have you tried a test light to see if power is:

1) getting to the lights in the bow
        2) If not going to the lights, is the power out from the switch hot?
        3) if not is the switch getting power under the dash?

A quick check with a test light should give you a quick idea where the power or short is located. I wasn't getting Power to the lights, but I traced it to the bow locker where the lights are. I had pulled the hot lead out of the connector with my anchor, when I stored it in there coming home from the river. a quick re-connect and I was in business. I know at the river it is great to have those lights for docking after dinner at Road Runner!

Comment

Thanks FP, I appreciate it.

I suggest trying the Steak and Crab at Fox's too.
          Breakfast on weekends at Fox's are good too.

Trouble is,, ill regular hours.

At night, when the river current is mellow, we dock at Fox's.
          My favorite wattering hole after the Marlin Club in Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.
          www.battlesangel.com

Comment

Fox's Floating Bar in Parker, Arizona. Boat up , tie up, step in.
            Owned and operated by Offroad legend Spencer Lowe and his Wife Kathy.
            This is one great place to hang out,, excellent food, great atmosphere very nice campground.

Sloppy Joes in Fla has nothing on Fox's.
            www.battlesangel.com

Comment

Working...
            X