Neutral Switch Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutral Switch Problems

Was at the lake a couple of weeks ago and had a problem starting my boat. I have a 2004 22V. It ran all day Friday without any problems but when we put it back in the water on Saturday it would not start. All the gauges worked, the stereo worked but when you turned the key to start Nothing happened. I checked fuses, I moved the throttle level around to make sure it was in neutral and still nothing. I had a good idea what the problem was because I had a similar problem with my old boat and it was the neutral switch.

Well to make a long story short, I slid my finger along the side of the cushion and the throttle shaft and pushed on the little piece of metal just where it goes behind the cushion and to my surprise it started right up and ran fine for the rest of the weekend.

I met a guy at the boat drags last weekend at Camp Far West that had a new 20V and he was having the same problem with his boat not starting. He tryied my suggestion and it worked as well.

My question is there a problem with the neutral switch on the new V models????

My 03 did the same thing when it would get hot, After boating all day it would fail to crank, let it sit and it fired right up. I bypassed my neutral switch and it dident help. The last time it happened I opened the engine hatch to check for power at the starter (wife holding key in crank position) put my hand on the wire harness where it goes into the motor and it started. The connector allignment pin was pushed out of place. My tige dealer fixed it and said its a common problem.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

Working...
    X