ACC switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACC switches

I have a 04' 20V and was thinking of putting in an automatic ballast system, and utilizing the 3 spare ACC rocker switches on my dash to turn the system on/off. I was looking at the wiring to the switches, and saw that there is wiring already to the switches. Does anyone know if this wiring already runs to the back of the boat, or do I need to clip all of the wire ties and manually trace the wiring?

Thanks,
    Steve

More then likely, those switches power options that were not installed on your boat, but I would make 100% sure before removing them.

Examples of un-installed options: tower lights, docking lights, shower, heater.

I see no reason not to use those switch positions, but you will need 3 position (on-off-on) switches for the ballast pumps in order to fill and empty and turn the pumps off.

It would also be easier to make/run a harness from the switch to the pumps then try to use existing wiring for un-installed options.

Hope this help a little
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes, I figured that, I just thought if the wiring already ran back to the engine compartment, it would save me some time from having to run the wiring new.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sagmanaur View Post
        Yes, I figured that, I just thought if the wiring already ran back to the engine compartment, it would save me some time from having to run the wiring new.

Thanks
        You'll need to check how many amps your pumps will draw before you use existing wiring. If it's too much (chances are it's not), then you may have to do that anyway. There should be some fuses that correspond with these switches. They will be designed to protect the wiring so there's not too much draw on them.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
        X