Clarion remote issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion remote issues

Have any of you had issues with your Clarion remotes? I have a 04' 22V and I it has the CDM3 (?) radio and two remotes. This weekend both remotes stopped working yet their screens kept displaying the funky little screen savers that they run. I checked all the buttons on the remotes and none of them would control the radio. The controls on the radio did still function, however. I turned the radio off multiple times and it did not resolve the issue. I then turned the power to the boat while the radio was on and that seemed to fix the issue. I work with computers so I always want to reboot away my problems. I did not have a pin to hit the reset on the radio or I would have. That is assuming the little hole near the CD player is a reset button. Looks like one. I have had problems like this last year and it drove me nuts and it would magically go away. I never did try the power thing so I am not sure if that was a coincidence or not. Anyone else have this issue and have a fix or workaround for it?

Is your battery starting to go?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I had a problem with my remotes with my XMD2. But I didnt have the same symptoms as you. One of my remotes ended up being bad.
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Just looked at my manual, I have the XMD3. I was close with my guess.

Dog - I guess it could be the battery, although I drove all day Saturday with it and sat for about 2 hours with the stereo on and when I fired up the boat to head back to the ramp it did not seem short on power, fired the boat right up. I am assuming it will be the same as a car, the battery will get weak and the boat will struggle to turn over. You never know though, that is my original battery and I am going on three years with it. I will see how it behaves this weekend and I may will pull it and take it home and throw a charge on it.

On a side note I have only once put a charge on that battery (left the storage light on overnight) in three years I have had the boat. Of course we do not sit and listen to tunes that often, we mostly board the whole time we are on the lake.

Comment

Working...
        X