All switches dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All switches dead

We have an 04 switch v and all of the switches died this weekend. The only thing that worked was PP, speedometer, tachometer, and it would start. Taps was dead, stuck at 1, all ballast switches, blower, bilge, nav/anchor lights, courtesy lights, accessory switch that turns stereo on, and the accessory switches that turn both my amps on were dead. Has anyone ever had something like this happen? You can wire amps to accessory switches to turn them on, correct? We searched for a blown fuse, loose wiring harness and found nothing.

akdoc,

Did you wire your amps directly into the accessory switch or directly to the battery with a relay to the accessory switch? I would never recommend wiring any amp directly to factory wiring. The amp should have a remote wire(usually blue) that should be wired into your stereo. This way the amp will turn on and off with the head unit.

Comment

hanzj,
      I used 4 guage wire directly to the battery for the power, then into a distribution block, from there 8 guage wire to both amps. Same setup for my ground. I used a remote turn on wires into two accessory switches on the dash (one for each amp) All it does is simply turn the amps on. I could wire it into my stereo, but wanted control of both amps so I could turn the sub or the tower speakers on independent of one another.

Comment

It's fixed, just a fuse we didn't find. It was back close to the battery switch.

Comment

Working...
        X