Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start

2006 24v was dead today at the lake.
    Radio, horn (used it to test the electric) and starter all work, but gauges and the annoying beep don't and engine won't start. I don't know much but didn't see any harnesses hanging down or anything. Moved throttle out of neutral and back but nothing seemed to get the engine to start. Full tank of fuel too.
    Any brilliant Ideas?

Originally posted by donare View Post
    2006 24v was dead today at the lake.
    Radio, horn (used it to test the electric) and starter all work, but gauges and the annoying beep don't and engine won't start. I don't know much but didn't see any harnesses hanging down or anything. Moved throttle out of neutral and back but nothing seemed to get the engine to start. Full tank of fuel too.
    Any brilliant Ideas?
    Check all of the breakers under the drivers console and I think you may have one or two under the engine cover also. If not a breaker, sounds like a loose connection at the ignition/key switch or bad switch. Good luck.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

no gauges no beep = kill switch bad or came unpluged if i was you i would find the 2 purple wires going to the kill switch butt connect them together problem solved granted you have no kill switch but i dought you use it any ways.
      Last edited by kko; 07-16-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

thanks

thanks for your suggestions. I bypassed the kill switch and checked the breakers but still no go.
        It's wierd because everything was great 2 weeks ago all the way up onto the trailer. Can't imagine what happened driving home or siting covered in the driveway.
        Don

Comment

So, the engine is turning over. Just want to clarify this because you did say the starter is working.

Did you do anything with the battery since the last time you were out boating? All wires are connected to the positive and negative prongs on the battery?

Comment

Could that be the breaker on the ignition guys?.....I don't have a boat that new to test or see
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Da Bell,
              Yes it is turning over and the battery is connected but the gauges and annoying alarm don't come on. I would guess a short somewhere but have no idea where. Yes, there is a breaker on the top of the engine but that didn't do anything.

Comment

if you not getting gauges/beep means no igntion power (power on purple wire) if you have a test light check for ignition power comming off the key switch.

Comment

Check on the back of your ignition switch (under your dash). There should be a one or two inline fuses. It's possible you had a loose wire in your dash or otherwise caused it to short out.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

i had the same problem and it turned out my battery was bad because the threads on the one bolt would not allow the nut to tighten all the way down. so i had to get a new battery

Comment

I had the same problem as well. It was driving me crazy. The boat would not start but the previous day or even earlier in the day it was fine. There was no logic to when and why I would have a problem. I checked the battery, the ignition wires, kill switch - everything was fine and had power.

The problem turned out to be the "14 wire harness" that connects to the engine. This harness connects to the left rear of the engine (if you are standing in front of and looking at the engine) Look for the ribbed, black flex cable. It connects with a large black plug and has a hose clamp to keep it tight. The connections in the cable can become corroded and/or loose over time.

Turn your key on where you would get the beep and jiggle the cable and see if the beep starts. You might have to uplug the cable and plug it back in. You might also need to spread the pins a bit so they grip the engine conncetor better. Sometimes just moving the cable around will work. Once you hear the magic beep you are in business. Wire tie the cable into a working position if it is the position of cable and not the actual connection.

I have not had a single problem with the boat since this fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X