computer/ hour meter WHACKO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer/ hour meter WHACKO!!

I have a 22i, new a few months ago. I usually look at my hour meter before and after a outing...just for entertainment. Anyhow I was up to about 29 hours and this weekend it reset for some reason. Now I have a boat with only two hours on it!!! What would be the proper action of my dealer (the boat is all ready there now!!)? What would cause this? Is it not just going to happen again? Has anyone else had this happen?I love my Tige, but there have been several things that have made me question my decision of spending 10's of thousands of dollars on this boat! Thanks

farrisoip

I have not yet heard of any problems liek you are having. I also have the brand new 22I few months old, but haven't too many problems.

Here is the link for the Tach/Engine hour gauge

http://faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/_ISO128C.pdf

Also here is a link to all of Faria Gauge Manuals

http://www.faria-instruments.com/index-new.html

Maybe you can find something out through thier manuals.

Comment

I'm not sure which hour meter you have, but mine is built into the Fairia Pilot gauge. Mine's messed up too. It went from 115 hours to 230 and back to 180 within a 2 week period. I think there was a post about this before on this site. I've not heard of a solution.

Comment

I had the same problem. Mine reset to zero at 12 hours.

Tige M.D. (service manager) responded.....That is not the first time I've heard that happening. I really don't know why it does it. Hour meters should not reset, it's like reseting the odometer in your car.
        The ECM will record total hrs. It will also record run history. That means us technicians can tell how many hours your boat is run at what rpm.

Comment

so what are Tige owners suppost to do?

So anyone buying a used Tige has no idea what hours are on their boat? I would think this is something Tige would take care of!? Seems like a better computer would fix the problem!? If I could just roll 100k miles off of my truck it would go up about $6000 in value! Sounds good right? I just hope my hour meter resets whenever I am getting ready to sell it! That would make the resale value go up for sure. Some Tige tech help me out with this. Thanks

Comment

Per Tige M.D......."The ECM will record total hrs. It will also record run history. That means us technicians can tell how many hours your boat is run at what rpm."

Still an issue that will raise questions for used buyers. My guage is a Faria Commander. Is yours?

Comment

Guys, this thread was sent over to Tigé so hopefully well here something soon.

Comment

There was a problem with the Pilot gauges from Faria, if you hook up a battery charger then this would run hrs up also. The gauge sensor is set for anything above 10.4 volts approxmately, and this would trigger the hr meter to start recording. Please contact your dealer and they can check into it and if necessary get a new gauge.

With the new Commander gauges we have not expericenced any problems like that. The engine computer also keeps track of the engine hrs and this can not be reset. As for resale value you should always have engine computer checked. Anyone can order a new hr meter and install it just before selling the boat.

Comment

thanks Andrew.....for the record my Commander gauge reset

Comment

Well, that probably explains why my hours shot up all of the sudden. I didn't know about the battery charger thing. I frequently hook the battery charger up when I'm working on the boat because I like to listen to the radio. Guess I'll have to figure something else out

Comment

Engine Hour Meter RESET

I depend on my hour meter to judge fuel level & consumption as the Tige fuel gauges are not trustworthy (They should have fuel flow meters factory installed...but that is a different issue). When my 04 22V reached 145 hours the engine hour meter reset and now reads 4.4 hours! Does this meter have a trip log? If so. I cannot figure it out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

May want to check you battery(s), low bat can cause this. I believe your gauge is capable of fuel-flow, just need to purchase/install transducer (but you loose water and air temp tho)

Click on "Downloads" at the top of the page, them click on "Manuals", there you will find the owner's manual for the gauges.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My 2004 Faria Commander hour meter has reset several times. I thought there was a lifetime gaurantee but that is not the case after a couple years. I think they want $125.

Comment

Working...
                          X