fuel gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel gauge not working

The fuel gauge on my '02 20V is not working. This is a cluster gauge, fuel is the only one not working

I found a loose black wire (I think the other end is grounded) and attached it to the fuel gauge and now it reads full all the time.

Has anyone seen this? I winterized it last fall with less than a 1/4 tank of gas. Could this have anything to do with it? Thanks.
    Tom

Originally posted by tbowman View Post
    The fuel gauge on my '02 20V is not working. This is a cluster gauge, fuel is the only one not working

I found a loose black wire (I think the other end is grounded) and attached it to the fuel gauge and now it reads full all the time.

Has anyone seen this? I winterized it last fall with less than a 1/4 tank of gas. Could this have anything to do with it? Thanks.
    How much gas is in the tank now (did you fill it since winterizing) ?

what did the gauge read before you attached that wire?

what did the gauge read before and after filling (if done)

Here is a "How To" on testing gauge and sending unit http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...7&postcount=18
    Last edited by chpthril; 07-10-2007, 03:39 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have filled up the tank several times this year, gauge still reads empty.

The gauge always read empty before attaching the loose wire.

Gauge did not move when filling the tank. It has only moved to full after putting on the loose ground wire.

I thought it was fixed, after running all day it did not go down.

Thanks for the link.
      Tom

Comment

Does anyones flue gauge ever really work????
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Mine reads full 95% of the time and when I am down low on fuel, that damn gauge goes south very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
            Mine does

Originally posted by tbowman View Post
            I have filled up the tank several times this year, gauge still reads empty.

The gauge always read empty before attaching the loose wire.

Gauge did not move when filling the tank. It has only moved to full after putting on the loose ground wire.

I thought it was fixed, after running all day it did not go down.

Thanks for the link.
            Sounds like the float is either stuck @ EMPTY or FULL. I dont think that black wire needs to be there. The only ground on the gauge would be for the back-light.

Let me know if you need any help walking through testing.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mine does.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

it hasn't yet.. but hopefully after I give it to the dealer it will.. (fingers crossed)
                If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Working...
                X