Speedset Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedset Questions

I've had my 2006 22Ve for a year now and never been able to use the Tige speedset properly. Anyone out there know how to use it simply and consistantly?

I have a 2007 24Ve, and i use it constantly. I am assuming it is the same.

The best way I have found, is when you have the skier in the water, and have started the engine is the best time to set. Just flip up the switch to turn on "Cruise Control" and then you should see your electric readout change, and a message that says "More Throttle". Press and hold the speed set UP button til you see the desired speed in upper right of your digital display. Thats it.

Now when the skier says hit it, just start as normal, but don't worry about letting up when you get close to the speed. Just keep giving more throttle until you hit full throttle and speedset will do the rest.

If you want to slow down, just pull back the throttle until you start to slow, and "more throttle" appears in your display. If you turn cruise OFF, you still have to pull back the throttle to take control of the throttle from speed set.

When you turn off the engine, and leave cruise switch ON, it should remember your speed, but you won't see MORE THROTTLE. This means it is set, but not going to work. Just hit speed up or down once, and then the other once to get back your speed, and you will see MORE THROTTLE. You are now ready to hit it.

Also, when you are pulling at speed, you can make adjustments in .2 increments by pressing up or down. You can also adjust 1mph increments by pressing and holding. No need to touch the throttle.

Thats basically it. The only thing to remember, is always make sure your speed is set, and your display reads "more throttle" before hitting it. Or you will pass up the speed, and then have to pull back down, annoying the skier.
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

I am not sure if the 2006 has the digital display mine has. If not, you might need more info from a 2006 owner.

Comment

Ragboy, thanks but unfortunately the 2006 does not have the digital display. That is exactly what the system needed and Tige was smart for adding it on for the '07s. The system I have is difficult to tell if its on and engaged or not and I find it doesnt set easily. I may have to take it into the shop but thats a bit of a pain. I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can before taking the boat in. Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by starnino View Post
          Ragboy, thanks but unfortunately the 2006 does not have the digital display. That is exactly what the system needed and Tige was smart for adding it on for the '07s. The system I have is difficult to tell if its on and engaged or not and I find it doesnt set easily. I may have to take it into the shop but thats a bit of a pain. I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can before taking the boat in. Thanks,
          Bummer, sorry I can't help. The digital display is very nice, its not just for the speed set. It also gives warnings, and other information. Ran the battery low once, and it warned me I was at the threshold of being able to start. Very cool.

Comment

starnino,

does the gauge have a red light that will blink? I have AccuSet so I am familiar with the non-display types.

Comment

Starnino,

We have a 2006 24ve with the speedset. I agree it can be hard to use, and Tige should offer all those with the 2006 to add the digital display for FREE because of their very horrible design. Who tested that last year anyway, my god fire that guy!!

Speedset is all about the feel to me. Yes there is a little dim blinking light that is impossible to see in the sun. The light would only be worthwhile if you liked pulling your riders at midnight.

Sorry, I keep getting off track.

Step #1, turn the cruise control switch to the ON position while engine is running.
              Step#2, Accelerate to desired speed and push the middle button, the set button, you should feel a slight hesitation in the engine when you push the button.
              Step#3, the most important thing is to bury the throttle after you have the speed set.
              Step #4, when pulling your rider up accelerate the the set speed, back off the throttle slightly and feel for the speedset to take over, then bury the throttle. It is really hard sometimes to feel when the speedset takes over, especially at surfing speeds.

When you go to bury the throttle do it slowly, don't just hammer it down. If you start to bury it and feel the boat speed up the speed set is not engaged, so back off and try again.

We are very consistent now, but sometimes you will accelerate way past your set speed and the speed set will not catch. Good luck.

Comment

Man, that really sucks. I almost bought the tige last year, but waited til this year, glad I did. The digital display really is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
                  Starnino,

We have a 2006 24ve with the speedset. I agree it can be hard to use, and Tige should offer all those with the 2006 to add the digital display for FREE because of their very horrible design. Who tested that last year anyway, my god fire that guy!!

Speedset is all about the feel to me. Yes there is a little dim blinking light that is impossible to see in the sun. The light would only be worthwhile if you liked pulling your riders at midnight.

Sorry, I keep getting off track.

Step #1, turn the cruise control switch to the ON position while engine is running.
                  Step#2, Accelerate to desired speed and push the middle button, the set button, you should feel a slight hesitation in the engine when you push the button.
                  Step#3, the most important thing is to bury the throttle after you have the speed set.
                  Step #4, when pulling your rider up accelerate the the set speed, back off the throttle slightly and feel for the speedset to take over, then bury the throttle. It is really hard sometimes to feel when the speedset takes over, especially at surfing speeds.

When you go to bury the throttle do it slowly, don't just hammer it down. If you start to bury it and feel the boat speed up the speed set is not engaged, so back off and try again.

We are very consistent now, but sometimes you will accelerate way past your set speed and the speed set will not catch. Good luck.

Ding Ding Ding. Here is the winner. I agree 150%.

That is EXACTLY what I have to do with AccuSet also.

I do like the idea of giving us a display.

Comment

Bingo, the flashing light is impossible to see during the day. It would be great if Tige offered something of an add on digital display. I'll try the "bury the throttle" thing this weekend and see if that makes the difference. Maybe that will make the difference for setting and staying set. Thanks guys!

Comment

When the light is flashing, the SpeedSet is telling you that it has activated and then you can "bury the throttle". Good luck and let us know if this solves your problem. I am sure it will.

Comment

Well Gents, it worked a heck of alot better this time 'round. The bury the throttle thing helps. The '06 version still bites with not being able to see the flashing light easily but,... it would be nice if the Tige boys would have some type of cheap add on to up grade to the '07 system. Thanks for the advise.

Comment

Yeah!!!!! It is great to hear that it worked. See, we know what we are talking about!!!! It is a little difficult at the beginning but once you have it down, it becomes a lot easier to work with and easier to set.

Comment

Originally posted by starnino View Post
                            Well Gents, it worked a heck of alot better this time 'round. The bury the throttle thing helps. The '06 version still bites with not being able to see the flashing light easily but,... it would be nice if the Tige boys would have some type of cheap add on to up grade to the '07 system. Thanks for the advise.
                            Glad to hear it works. Once you get the feel for it you will love it
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I too have an '06 24ve (just bought it new) and found the speed set to be very tempermental. I cannot get it to engage at wakesurfing speeds. Is there a minimum speed?

Comment

Working...
                              X