No announcement yet.

Type of battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but as long as they are charged every night, or just left on the charger, then nothing will happen correct?
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

As long as you use your boat more often than once a quarter, nothing will happen.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

ok, sounds good. So let me get this straight, your saying that since I'm hooking just a lead to one battery in the bank that even though I'm charging them at night, they will still drain themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
          ok, sounds good. So let me get this straight, your saying that since I'm hooking just a lead to one battery in the bank that even though I'm charging them at night, they will still drain themselves?
          Your "good to go" Dom, every battery will slowly discharge over time, whether it's hooked up, stored, seriesed, paralleled. With an on-board charger and regular use, you will never have a problem.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

few, just checking thanks.

and as long as I have a bank of the charger going to 1 battery in each bank it will be ok, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
              few, just checking thanks.

and as long as I have a bank of the charger going to 1 battery in each bank it will be ok, right?
              Yes Sir
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

that will be done tonight too! sweet so I can put all the battery covers on, and get it charging for the tunning test on sunday (Fingers crossed I get it done by then!)

Comment

You worry too much..........

Parallel wired batteries will drain faster than a battery by itself......it doesn't matter though....just do it.
                  http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                  []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

sorry.

I'm not an electricity wizard, but I have learned so much from this thread.

Comment

With so many different ages and types of batteries involved, how will Dom know when just one of them goes bad? Will the whole bank go bad with it?
                      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                        With so many different ages and types of batteries involved, how will Dom know when just one of them goes bad? Will the whole bank go bad with it?
                        That's about right. The bank with the bad battery will run down quickly and not fully charge because the one bad battery will suck the juice out of the rest.

The whole bank will have to be separated and each battery checked individually.

Comment

yup, that's why this winter I'll replace the two oldest, then everything should be just fine.

They all charged up nicely last night

With those two gone, they will all be the same age, and type. So should be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X