clarion loses presets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarion loses presets

I am having issues of the radio not holding the stations after i set them and then turn the power off. I checked the inline fuses for both the red and yellow wire. I changed them to make sure but no change. What does the yellow wire usually tap into when it is factory installed. It looks like it was tapped into an orange wire. What other things can i check to see what is going on? Does anyone know what the orange wire goes to or from?

not sure what the orange wire is but the yellow wire on the radio is usually connected to a constant 12v source. That is what keeps the presets stored in the radio when turned off. Try to locate another constant 12v source if the orange wire is not. Hope this helps!

Comment

I have 03 20v and I also had the same problem, the red and yellow wires were switched, they had the correct lable but the red wire had power all the time and yellow wire was hot with key on. switched wires in tiges harness and it workes great.
      "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

what do you mean switch wires in the harness? I know the yellow and red wires. Did you switch them after the plug from the radio? Did you switch them after the fuse ? Thanks for all the help..

Comment

I switched the wires at the radio plug. Red to yellow, Yellow to red. It works great now, you may also want to disable the face plate in beep.
          with the deck wired correctly it may beep or chime every time the key is turned off.

Comment

Thanks again, so you pulled the red wire and yellow out of the harness and then pushed them back in the harness..??What gauge wire should the red wire and yellow wire?

Comment

Pull the pins out of the connector and switch them, or just cut cut them and butt connector them back together, use some heat shrink arount the connector. The wire is probably 16 or 18 gauge, its ok to use larger wire if its all you have just dont use anything smaller. I dident need to add any wire just switched pin locations in the connector.

Comment

Thanks Guys,
                My 2001 21i had the same problem so I tried your fix and it worked great.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X