stereo wiring for dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo wiring for dummies

I need some help with a basic question. I have a bone stock 04 22V with the standard Clarion system. I have to turn the ignition key to the "on" position to listen to the stereo when anchored. I don't like the idea of all my gauges running and the oil pressure light staying on just to listen to the stereo. (The accessory switch that has handled this function in my other boats has no effect on the stereo.) Are all factory systems wired this way or is my rig wired incorrectly? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

Hoots

I have an 03 22I. With the ignition switch off. My stereo is powered through a switch on the dash that's labelled (stereo). Check the wiring on the back of your radio, follow the red wire, It needs to be connected to 12vts accessory.

Comment

You should be able to turn the switch back or to the left and the stereo should work.

Comment

thanks for the info. I'll try everything above and let you know how it goes.

Comment

thanks everyone for the tips. it turns out there is an accessory position on the ignition switch I didn't know was there. Lee was right on.

Comment

Working...
          X