TAPS Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS Relay

So... this is a big chance but does anyone have a extra TAPS relay? (the small 2" x 2" black relay under the steering column) Anyone know where to get one besides a dealr that I don't live near at all. Thanks
    ~Bakes~

mouser.com
    digikey.com
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Does Bennett have anything to do with them. I know they have a five year warranty on their stuff.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Greetings TAPS problem people, after putting in a new TAPS fuse, new TAPS relay, checking fluids, and finally checking WIRING IN THE THROTTLE HANDLE, i have come to find the wires frayed. The wiring from under the dash to your throttle handle consists of three wires (RED, Black, White). They are very very thin cheap wires. As they pass through the side wall into the throttle handle they are subjected to being frayed very easily (Since they are not wrapped in electrical tape). I would urge everyone to check yours, it is super easy to use a allen wrench and pull the throttle bulb and arm off. Once you do that, check the wires, if they are good, put some electrical tape on them to keep them that way. On my 2003 the wires were frayed in 3 places, right where they came through the wall, the bottom of the handle, and up where the handle meets the bulb (right where you pull up the round piece to put the boat in gear). I am now waiting for a new TAPS trim switch to put in the handle and will then be able to test if I even need the new relay (my guess is no). With so many things that can happen to the TAPS (bad pump, air in lines, low fluid, bad relay, bad fuse) you forget to check the simple things. Preventive maintenance on this could save you later on.
        ~Bakes~

Comment

Working...
        X