Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problem mounting my battery switch on the transom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any problem mounting my battery switch on the transom?

I am planning to mount my battery switch on the back transom. I can easily access the switch by opening the engine cover. I plan on mounting the isolater on the transom as well. This makes it easy to access and I can use my original wiring to the starter. Does anybody see any problems in doing this?

Originally posted by Moki View Post
    I am planning to mount my battery switch on the back transom. I can easily access the switch by opening the engine cover. I plan on mounting the isolater on the transom as well. This makes it easy to access and I can use my original wiring to the starter. Does anybody see any problems in doing this?
    As long as they will not take direct dripage from swimmers or rain water running between the storage doors. I see no probs at all dude.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks! They should both be protected from water. BTW, your diagram and posts have really helped me in installing my two extra batteries. I went with 2/0 cable and purchased everything off of that store front on ebay - Genuine dealz.

Comment

Thanks! They should both be protected from water. BTW, your diagram and posts have really helped me in installing my two extra batteries. I went with 2/0 cable and purchased everything off of that store front on ebay - Genuine dealz.
        thanks man, I'm glad. Like everyone else on here, I'm glad to share my little bit of knowlage
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Do you mean the transom or the bulkhead wall?

Comment

I have mine mounted to the bulkhead wall...it works great.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              Do you mean the transom or the bulkhead wall?
              Inside on the transom wall just in front of the engine. I chose not to do the bulkhead wall because I would have to rewire to starter and less chance of getting wet. Any thoughts on why I should not do it there? In regards to the bulkhead wall, you are referring to the wall of the rear storage compartment, correct?
              Last edited by Moki; 04-06-2007, 04:13 AM.

Comment

How are you going to use a screw big enough to hold the switch and not come through the fiberglass. With 2/0 cable and the bouncing of the boat small screws might not work.

Comment

My thought is to secure the cable near the switch with cable brackets and to use a marine adhesive when screwing in the screws. I have large screws with washers as spacers to ensure proper depth.

Comment

Working...
                  X