Connecting Batteries after winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Batteries after winterization

I want to re-connect the batteries in a 2004 22i after I've had them out for the winter. My electrical smarts allow me to connect the main cables, but there are many more wires to connect. Do I attach them all to the ground (negative post)? I'd appreciate any guidance that will keep me from frying the electronics.

Originally posted by Salty Dawg View Post
    I want to re-connect the batteries in a 2004 22i after I've had them out for the winter. My electrical smarts allow me to connect the main cables, but there are many more wires to connect. Do I attach them all to the ground (negative post)? I'd appreciate any guidance that will keep me from frying the electronics.
    If your boat is like mine, you will have a red cable coming from the alternator that goes to positive and then you will have a red (positive) and black (negative) cable that takes power to your helm station (dashboard).

Comment

On a 2004 you should have a few black wires that would go to the negative side and maybe a red wire, brown striped wire that would go to the positive.

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the advice and will use it to connect everything this weekend.

Comment

Take your time and double check what you're about to connect...it'll save you the trouble of damaging something electrical on your boat.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

hindsight is 20/15 or something like that... but for next time, when I disconnect or dissassemble something I am not 100% sure of, it helps me to label or take a dig. picture of before hand.

true story.

Comment

Working...
            X