Stereo Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Q's

I am building a custom stereo for my Tige and wanted to see what everybody recommends... I just bought a Sony F7005x and 1000 watt Soundstream Amp. But what about speakers? I've tried the Pioneer ts-MR165's and they sound alright. Thinking about the Clarion Marine Sub, but it doesn't look like it kicks too hard... What has everyone experience been? MB Quart, Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, Jensen.......Who makes the best?

a lot of your choice will come down to how they sound to you.

with that being said, many popular brands have been: infinity kappas, Momos, JL Audio, Kickers, Diamond Audio....

as far as subs, Kicker, Image Dynamics, JL Audio are a few i would try out.

Comment

Eric,
      You can't go wrong with mb quarts. They will be the best quality speaker of any that you mentioned. MB quart also has great subs out, they have a marine line also, but I would just go with the normal car audio stuff. I just listened to the 2004 mb quart reference line 12" subs yesterday, they are great. Of course you will pay more for mb quarts, so if budget is an issue this could be hard to swing.

Comment

I notice the marine versions are all stainless and gold plated...But not as large of magnets, and less bells and whistles. I was thinking of going with regular car audio, but I am worried how it will hold up, what's everybody's expericence? We get in some pretty hardcore water fights and I dont want to have to be changing speakers every year.

Comment

In Southern California, the majority of towers are built by Phat Budde. He also builds some great speakers, and uses MB Quarts almost exclusively. These can be heard clearly while riding, and also hold up to extreme conditions really well. Kerry is the owner, and a great guy to bounce questions off. Go to his site or send him a note, you will get a straight answer, even if you go somewhere else for product. Here is his site -

http://www.phatbudde.com/

Comment

Thanks for the advise, I think I'm going to go for MB Quarts, partly because I can get them for about 1/3 retail. What is everyone speaaker placement? I was thinking 6X9 in rear 6 1/2 up front and 1 12" sub in the footwell. Then later add tower speakers.

Comment

I'm partial to Polk/Momo... had the speaker holes cut at the factory. The sound is phenominal!

Also, these are the exact same speakers that Mastercraft uses for their premium sound upgrade.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=22326
              (started a topic on wb.com)
              Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Nice lookin rig!!

How do your polks hold up to the weather? That's one of my biggest concerns... Don't want to have to gut them after somebody sloshs a beer into them!

Comment

Working...
                X