Tige touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige touch

Help! Our Tige touch screen won’t work! We just got this boat in November and the screen won’t turn on. We checked fuses.. any other tips or ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would make sure the house battery is fully charged first.

Comment

They are charged and went on the water.

Comment

What the voltage level of each battery?

What year and model boat is this?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          What the voltage level of each battery?

What year and model boat is this?
          It is a 2015 Tige z1. It’s def not the batteries.

Comment

Your screen is done, my brother had this same issue with a 2012 RZ4. Call your dealer and get a new screen on order.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
              Your screen is done, my brother had this same issue with a 2012 RZ4. Call your dealer and get a new screen on order.
              I respectfully disagree. I wouldn't get the dealer to order a new screen just yet. I also had a 2015 Z1 and experienced the exact same issue soon after buying the boat (brand new at the time). We were on Lake Havasu when everything was running GREAT, and still in the break in process. We hit some rough water on the biggest part of the lake and the screen went completely dark. We couldn't figure out what was going on. The boat was still running, I just couldn't see anything on the screen. We took it out of the water immediately, checked fuses, restarted her, we were clueless. We took it back to the dealer (4 hour drive) and he couldn't figure it out at first either. We received a call the next day that the boat was fixed and ready to be picked up. Come to find out, the mechanic knew almost immediately what the problem was. Hopefully Justin doesn't get upset at what this mechanic had to say, but according to him "the factory often puts things together in a hurry, and the wire connectors aren't always secured the way they should be. It was already probably loose when you hit that rough water and it just came apart enough to lose power to the screen. It looked like it was still connected, but as soon I touched it, we realized it wasn't connected completely. We secured all of the connections and wrapped them so you shouldn't have any more issues". Check ALL the connections under the dash and make sure they are all secure before calling your dealer for a new screen. I would also take it in and ask them to take a look before ordering a new screen. They aren't cheap. Make sure that's the problem before spending that much money.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                I would make sure the house battery is fully charged first.
                I completely agree with D&P - before jumping to a failed screen, I would make sure these easy things are 100% correct. Most of the failures I have seen have been buttons not working or the screen jumping between inputs and such. That's when the screen needs to be replaced...not necessarily because it doesn't power up.

First thing I would do is put the battery switch in combine, with a charger on it and see if the screen power up....

Comment

Working...
                X