2000 Tige 22i TAPS system doesn’t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Tige 22i TAPS system doesn’t work

I have a 2000 Tige 22i and taps system doesn’t work. Does anyone have wiring diagram for this?

Can you hear the pump coming on at all in either direction? I cant remember when they swapped from the relay type to the Bennett all in 1 relay, but there are a few things to check regardless of which relay system you have. The one picture attached is of the relay type. Regardless wires are the same. First check to see if the pump is making noise in either direction. If it makes noise in 1 direction but not the other its the wires running to your handle for your switch. If its making noise in both but not moving check fluid level. If no noise, get a volt meter or light tester and check the bigger red wire to see if you have power or not. If no power there should be a 20amp fuse. If you have power to the red wire, make a small jumper wire and jump from the bigger red wire to the small red wire, this should make it come on. If it does check the small white wire as well, if that works then your small black wire running to your switch in the handle is bad and needs to be replaced. If neither of those make it come on then the relays (if its the older style) are bad or the 1 Bennett relay is bad and needs to be replaced. If its the big Bennett one and you cant find it or want to save a little $ ive attached a re-wire schematic as well.

IMG_1532.jpg

taps rewire.jpg

Comment

360651DC-5D48-4A75-A1A1-8A6C8963DD85.jpg

Original owner put different throttle in boat but I have original one just not installed and the big Bennett all in one relay in a box

Comment

So looks like you just need to wire it back in then? And then mount a switch on the dash if the new throttle handle doesn't have the switch. Hopefully they didn't cut too many of the wires under the dash where you can easily tell where to wire them back in.

Comment

Was able to put power to relay box and pump makes noise in both directions, but taps plate doesn’t move. Does have plenty of fluid in pump. So could there be air in the pump lines and just need primed?

Comment

It could be air if it was ran low before. The play itself doesn’t move a lot compared to other tab systems. You probably need to get a light tester and check to ensure that when the green wire is getting power (turns the pump on) that the blue or yellow wire is getting power as well as they are the directional control solenoids that open up.

Comment

Okay thanks I’ll try that

Comment

Originally posted by 2000tige22i View Post
                Was able to put power to relay box and pump makes noise in both directions, but taps plate doesn’t move. Does have plenty of fluid in pump. So could there be air in the pump lines and just need primed?
                What noise does it make? Like a running pump? Or a click noise?
                Click noise means there’s a wiring issue.

Comment

Working...
                X