Actuator feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actuator feed

So after a couple of weeks of having a crappy wake and playing with the ballast and lead and having no success we have found that the middle TAPS plate is stuck and now falling off.
    I have been in touch with them but fear a long wait as the mobile boat mechanic they use is super busy. I have a friend who is a mechanic staying who helped me find the problem. We put the boat in demo mode yesterday to simulate the surf mode but that only moved the left and right TAPS. We need to check if the center TAP has a short. When you are in that simulator mode does it send a current to the middle TAP?
    I am going to try and convince them to let us repair it as I really don’t want to have to trailer it.
    Any advice would be great!
    IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190713/c54aa5517aeade7fd56bdc5c53092f08.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second picture as it didn’t post

Comment

Yes, the center plate will move when switching from left to right if the center plate is set to a different setting.

Comment

Thank you I think then it is not moving because it is jammed but we can check the current

Comment

You can make the center plate move at any time if you just change the setting either on the screen or by using the thumb switch on the throttle handle.

Comment

So can we do that when it is on the hoist without the engine running and just the ignition on? Because we are missing bolts we are taking on water so I don’t want to put her in.

Comment

Id take the actuator off, confirm its not the issue, then reattached with a fresh bed of marine sealer and bolts.

Is the hinge bound up? Did the bolt break or nut come off and bolt fall out?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am pretty sure the actuator is the problem. I put it in dealer mode to simulate the wake surf and the two outside plates move but the middle doesn’t. Anyway we have a new actuator coming from Tige and they have agreed to let my husband fit it.

Comment

Working...
                X